- All Display Packages
- Back in Stock
- Best Seller
- Gifts & Accessories
- Home & Garden
- Meditation & Rituals
- Metaphysical Tools
- Monthly Promotion
- New 2017
- Not shown in catalog
- Not shown in catalog Clearance
- Tree Free
- New Fall 2016
- VitaJuwel Gemwater Bottles
- Himalayan Salt
La Cite Ecologique of NH is located in the beautiful North Country region of New Hampshire, and is surrounded by a few summits of the chain known as the White Mountains.
- La Cite Ecologique of NH started in Colebrook, New Hampshire, in 2003. As of now, the group has grown to 36 people, including children.
- Inspired by La Cité Ecologique of Ham-Nord, La Cite Ecologique of NH Ecovillage is formed with previous residents of the Ham-Nord Ecovillage. In 1994, the second-generation residents from the Ham-Nord group decided to open a U.S. branch for Kheops International. This was the start for them to put in practice what they had learned with their previous apprenticeship in La Cité, but with a vision of their own.
- When moving to Colebrook, the parents of young children decided to build a private elementary school for them, with the active help of Michael Deunov Cornellier. The resulting Universal School of Life is based on the respect of Mother Earth (That is where the name comes from) of all people and all religions. Eventually, the school will be more largely open families whose parents are in tune with the same values and are highly committed to being role models for their children.
- Our goal is to develop ecovillages that give priority to education of children of all ages and to sustainable development based on the respect of all living forms.
Accomplishments so far
- Creation of our School.
- Adapting our living quarter to share meals, and other physical resources with other members. Houses, cars, maintenance equipment and more.
- Healthy and organic meals are offered daily to all group members.
- Setting up New Earth Organic Gardens with approximately half and acre of organic garden, building 2 greenhouses, planting a small apple orchard and other berries.
- Setting up a chicken coop.
- Setting up a collective kitchen where meals are prepared for the village members
- Share (rather than own) as much equipment as possible, such as copier machine, vacuum cleaner, lawn mower, car wash, mechanic garage, and home appliances etc.
- Distribution and installation of sustainable energy systems (e.g., solar and wind)
- Use all food waste to make compost for our gardens
- “Recycle” and “reuse” as much as possible
- Purchase by the case (saving extra packaging of individual packs)
- Purchase “organic” and “fair trade” products when available
- Use natural and biodegradable cleaners, soaps and shampoo in our daily lives
- Purchase “energy efficient” appliances
- Use recycled paper.
La Cite Ecologique of NH Businesses
- Kheops fabrication and worldwide distribution of meaningful gifts for the development and improvement of our spirit body and soul.
- Thirty-eight new jobs have been created since the beginning of our activities in 2003
- Sales of natural food and gifts in our retail shop.
- New Earth Organic Farm: production and transformation of vegetables and fruits.
- Smart Energy: Installation of Solar power equipment
- Recycling of old wood pallet