Founded in 1991, Kheops International, Inc. is a leading specialty importer, wholesaler and manufacture of New Age and metaphysical gifts in the United States and Canada. Our products are among the best known and most-respected in the industry. We offer unique, high-quality, meaningful gifts and spiritual awareness tools for all areas of the metaphysical and well-being markets.
We started Kheops with just three products. Since then, our lines have expanded to include more than 3000 unique products. Things sure have changed a lot, but our commitment to the environment and promoting ethically made products at a great price never will. At Kheops it’s more than a product, it’s a lifestyle.
To best explain our unusual story, which began in the summer of 1983, we will first need to examine our founder, Michael Deunov Cornellier. Michael was a public school educator who was disappointed with the system. He thought, “there must be other ways to raise children, with schools where children are nurtured in nature, where parents, teachers and communities work together to create a harmonious and sustainable environment.”
Keeping these principles in mind he developed a summer camp program in 1983 that was so popular the children did not want to go back to regular public schools. The children quickly convinced their parents to move together and in 1984, 30 families and 30 young adults gathered together to start an alternative school and an ecovillage in Ham-Nord Quebec, Canada.
This would lay the foundation for Kheops International’s corporate responsibility and our company’s philosophy of working together to create harmonious and sustainable environments, both locally and internationally.
Kheops International was founded in Quebec, Canada in 1991. At the time we only sold three of our Glass Art products: pyramids, incense holders and candle bases.
In 1994, Kheops International opened its USA division in Florida. We stayed there for nine years, working hard to increase our product selection and the Kheops brand. During this time it became apparent that we could better serve our customers and reduce our eco-footprint if we were closer to the parent company in Canada. The search for a new location was on. We found that perfect location in Colebrook, New Hampshire and moved the entire operation there in 2003.
At the helm are some of the students from Michael’s first summer camp. Today they are known as the green entrepreneurs. This group remains committed to the environment, to humane working conditions and to ethically made products. They have even established their own ecovillage in Colebrook the La Cite Ecologique of New Hampshire. Because at Kheops it’s more than a product, it’s a lifestyle.
To provide Meaningful Gifts that stimulate consciousness, inspire beauty and create harmony, as well as, support environmentally sustainable and humane manufacturing practices whenever possible.
To create a world of harmony, where a balance and a collaboration exist between people, as it exists in nature, with ethics, care and respect for our surroundings, people and nature.
Our qualified Customer Service is standing by to provide the highest level of service and to offer effective support to build your sales. It is our goal to make your shopping experience with Kheops both profitable and enjoyable.
At Kheops International being green isn’t just a corporate value it’s our way of life. We work diligently in all our actions to create harmonious and sustainable environments, both locally and internationally. Below is a list of our green actions.
In the Lunch Room
- - We offer free organic snacks and lunches to all employees.
- - We compost: food scraps, coffee grounds, cafeteria napkins and hand paper towels.
- - We don’t use single-use food containers so we can diminish our waste.
- - We offer sugar and milk in bulk containers for coffee, to reduce waste.
- - We use ceramic mugs and dishes instead of paper or Styrofoam.
- - We air-dry our dish cloths to save on energy use.
Office & Warehouse Recycling
- - We recycle: plastic, metal, glass, cardboard, paper, catalogs, magazines, plastic bags, shrink wrap, news papers, toilet paper rolls and their wrappers, old computers and peripheral equipment.
- - We reuse packaging materials whenever possible.
- - Our copy paper is made from 30-100% post-consumer recycled materials.
- - We reuse all copy paper that has a blank side.
- - We return empty ink cartridges to be refurbished or recycled.
- - Our brown packaging paper is made with 50-60% post-consumer recycled fiber, which is recyclable and biodegradable.
- - Our corrugated shipping boxes are made with 30% recycled materials.
- - We have an “Inspector Green” who checks -up on how employees sort their trash. The inspector keeps up on new trends and recommends practices that will help reduce the company’s global waste.
- - Our catalog is printed on 55% recycled (30% post-consumer) paper using soy ink.
- - Our company letterhead paper and envelope are printed on 100% post-consumer paper.
- - We are part of the community Green Group to improve recycling in our community.
- - We repair and reuse old wood pallets.
Cleaning & Lawn Care
- - We don’t use pesticides and chemical herbicides on our lawns and flowers.
- - We use natural cleaning products for the office.
- - We use a reusable cleaning mop for our office floors.
- - We use energy-efficient light bulbs for the offices and warehouse.
- - We have 44 voltaic solar panels that supply 20-25% of our electricity.
- - Kheops shareholders use renewable energy to produce electricity and hot water for their homes.
- - We car pool whenever possible.
- - We consolidate our errands to make fewer trips to the local banks, post office and stores.
Impacting our Environment
- - We offer our employees reusable shopping bags for their personal use.
- - Our R&D Department tries to find new products with ethical manufacturing practices.
- - We plant trees to help reduce global warming.
- - We are partners with the EPA’s Waste-Wise program please view at our annual report.
- - We donate to different local and national green organizations. Visit 24/7 Giving to view our current fundraising projects.